The Leadership Team is the chief
administrative team for our congregation. Some of the important work of the
- Meet on a regular basis to do the work outlined below.
- Oversee the vision of the church ensuring that all ministry teams are free of administrative burdens in order to focus on the mission of their ministry
- Oversee all administrative policies.
- Approve and oversee the annual budget.
- Approve the hiring, salaries and benefits of staff.
- Approve all land acquisitions, facility construction and significant legal obligations.
- Conduct evaluations of the pastoral staff.
- Assure that the Book of Discipline is upheld.
What traits are required for the Leadership Team?
- Compassion: Shows evidence of a love for Jesus Christ and for people.
- Competence: Has skills consistent with administrative tasks.
- Commitment: Demonstrates a commitment to the vision of FUMC by:
- *Membership at Marysville FUMC
- *Regular attendance in worship services
- *Service in the church
- *Financial giving to the church
- Character: Exhibits traits consistent with those listed in 1 Timothy 3:1-7 for an Elder. (This does not preclude women from being members of the LT)
Application for the
Any church member who desires to serve our church family on the Leadership Team is to submit a letter of interest and engage in an interview process. In your letter of interest, please tell us about yourself and include answers to these questions:
1.Why are you interested in serving on the Leadership Team?
2.In what ways have you served/participated in the ministries of Marysville First United Methodist Church in the last 5 years?
3.How does your S.H.A.P.E. (Spiritual gifts, Heart, Abilities, Personality, Experiences) prepare you for service in the administrative roles of the Leadership Team?
4.What do you see as God’s purpose for Marysville First UMC?
Please submit your letter to Lisa Nichols, the Business Administrator at email@example.com or to the church office by October 4, 2022. Interviews will take place during the week of October 9th , and the nomination of new members to the Leadership Team will be approved at the October 17, 2022 Leadership Team Meeting.